Why not give some of your time to a good cause and gain new skills and meet new people. Volunteering is for all ages (17+) and abilities including students, working, retired or seeking to improve you confidence and skills as a way back into paid employment. We also offer work experience placements for schoolchildren, internships for graduates and Corporate Social Responsibility days for organisations.
Travel expenses and free meals/hot drinks will be provided to volunteers
We will work with you to offer the hours that suit you and develop your skills and interests. There are a number of volunteering vacancies with some training available:
It doesn't matter how much or how little time you have to offer - even a few hours when you can spare the time helps!
The South Westminster Time Bank is a great way for people to share skills with their friends and neighbours and be rewarded for it – in time credits.
How does it work?
• For every hour you spend helping someone you will earn 1 Time Credit
• Your Time Credits will be banked by our time broker for you to spend when you need them
• You can then 'spend' your time credits on help and services offered by other members
Individuals can offer & benefit from a range of help including:
A few Workshops and Drop-in Sessions run by members from the Timebank
Click on a link below to find out what skills are on offer, skills wanted and completed exchanges.
• The time bank is FREE to join and is open to anyone living, working or studying in SW1.
• Everyone's time is valued equally - You give an hour and you get an hour back.
• You may have needs but feel you can offer nothing back - Get in touch. We can still help!
• You don't have to earn Time Credits before you spend them - Ask for help from day one.
• You can donate some of your Time Credits to others who might need some extra help.
• There is no cash involved.