As announced on 4 January 2021, national lockdown measures are now in place across England.
The Abbey Centre may only open to provide essential services, and our cafe will be closed until there is further news from the government.
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work.
There is special guidance for the clinically extremely vulnerable, who should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential. They should not attend work.
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus – Latest government advice
https://www.westminster.gov.uk/coronavirus – Latest updates from the Westminster City Council
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ – Latest information and advice from NHS
https://healthwatchcwl.co.uk/coronavirus/ – Latest updates from Healthwatch