Volunteer at the Abbey Centre
Give some of your time to a good cause, while you gain new skills and meet new people! Volunteering connects you to others, is good for your mind and body, and can bring fun and fulfilment to your life.
Volunteering is open to anyone: students, working, retired or anyone seeking to improve their confidence and skills as a way back into paid employment. We will work with you to offer the hours that suit you, and develop your skills and interests.
We also offer work experience placements for schoolchildren, internships for graduates and corporate social responsibility days for organisations.
Current volunteering opportunities
Our current volunteering opportunities include:
- Abbey Housemates – Phoning isolated people to check-in and chat
- Distributing affordable food at our Community Pantry
- Delivering food and medicine to vulnerable people
- Supporting our local Covid-19 vaccination centre
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to offer. Even a few hours, when you can spare the time, would help!
Travel expenses and free meals (while our cafe is open) and hot drinks will be provided to volunteers.
How to sign up
To register for volunteering at the Abbey Centre:
- Please fully complete the Abbey Centre registration form.
- Email our Volunteering Coordinator Caz Gandy-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number of your application, and details of 2 references – their full names and contact email addresses. The references cannot be a family member or anyone who shares the same household as the person applying to volunteer.
We will then contact you once your application has been processed.
If you have any questions, please contact Caz Gandy-Brown, Volunteering Coordinator:
Phone: 07818 202 935