Volunteer at the Abbey Centre
Give some of your time to a good cause, while you gain new skills and meet new people! Volunteering connects you to others, is good for your mind and body, and can bring fun and fulfilment to your life.
Volunteering is open to anyone: students, working, retired or anyone seeking to improve their confidence and skills as a way back into paid employment. We will work with you to develop your skills and interests. We also offer corporate social responsibility days for organisations.
Travel expenses will be paid where appropriate. Hot drinks will be provided, as well as free meals for those volunteering a full day, while our cafe is open. We also partner with volunteer reward schemes so we can offer discounts and other bonuses to thank you for your time.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to offer. Even a few hours, when you can spare the time, would help!
Current volunteering opportunities
Our current volunteering opportunities include:
- Abbey Housemates – phoning or meeting isolated people to check-in and chat
- Supporting local residents with our Community Champions
- Supporting new mums with our Maternity Champions
- A handyman to do odd jobs around our centre
- We’re also keen to hear from people with specialist skills which could help advance the Abbey Centre’s mission
How to sign up
To register for volunteering at the Abbey Centre:
- Please fully complete the Abbey Centre registration form.
It is important that you fill in all relevant information, which may be required for your own safety, or your application may be rejected. This includes any medical conditions, as well as emergency and GP contact details.
- Email our Volunteering Coordinator at email@example.com with the reference number of your application, and details of two references – their full names, company/organisation name and job titles, contact email addresses and phone numbers (the references cannot be a family member or anyone who shares the same household as the person applying to volunteer).
- We will contact you once your application has been processed, which may take up to 2 weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: 020 7222 0303