The Abbey Centre garden is being transformed into a new place for everyone in our community to grow and enjoy.
This will be a garden run by the community for the community, with accessible planters and seating areas under the resilient branches of our 30 year old lemon trees. The picture above shows a sketch of how the garden will look once it’s completed. Planters will be filled with soil ready for the community to plan and grow.
We need your help and ideas!
- How would you like to use the garden?
- Are you part of a group that could use it?
- Do you have ideas for planting or a club?
- Would you like to volunteer?
- Do you and your friends have green fingers?!
- Do you know others who would like to get involved?
Some inspiration for what might happen under the lemon trees:
Book clubs, gardening groups, grow herbs and vegetables, social sessions, art clubs, chill-out time, grow & learn, outdoor tea time, nature talks…
Speak with a member of our team or send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the garden in this blog post by landscaping experts Bowles & Wyer who worked on the project.
24 March 2023